Sewer Permits

Applications for Sewer Permits have moved online to the Town's online portal. You will need to able able to attach a copy of your approved Narragansett Bay Commission Permit to the portal. 

Computer mouse and white lettering that says online permitting

Dig Safe

Before any excavation, please contact the Sewer Department. They will provide utility markings for renovations and new construction. You will need to provide your name, address, timeframe, and type of construction/renovation (addition, pool, in-law apartment, etc.)

Or, contact Dig Safe®, a not-for-profit clearinghouse that notifies participating utility companies of your plans to dig. In turn, these utilities (or their contract locating companies) respond to mark out the location of their underground facilities. Dial 811 or visit

Rhode Island law requires you to give at least 72 hours of notice, not including weekends and legal holidays.